In addition to employment opportunities, MEDA recruits individuals for short-term business/technical expert volunteer roles. These are highly competitive opportunities, available to senior level, experienced individuals who would like to make an impact using their business and/or technical skills in an international development context.
If you would like to be considered for a business or technical expert volunteer opportunity, please upload a cover letter and your resume and complete all of the required additional fields in order to create a volunteer profile. More information on the specific opportunities will be provided as they become available. Descriptions of the current opportunities are at the bottom of this posting.
Business and Technical Expert Volunteers are persons who are not MEDA employees, but are volunteers, engaged to provide specific business consulting and/or technical expertise for a particular opportunity. Most opportunities are 10-20 days in an international location, such as Tanzania, to perform specific tasks within a specified duration. A portion of orientation, travel, accommodation and per diem costs may be covered for the selected volunteers depending on project budgets available and the volunteer agreement entered.
In order to apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Volunteers must be able to sign an agreement and commit to a work plan.
- Volunteers must have specialized skill & knowledge relevant to the opportunity.
- Volunteers must be fit to travel to international locations as required for the volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteers must be able to obtain the applicable visa.
- Volunteers must be eligible for MEDA emergency evacuation benefit program or provide proof of their own health, life, benefit and travel insurance for the opportunity.
- Volunteers must be available to attend scheduled cultural/technical and security orientation sessions at our Waterloo HQ for up to two days.
Click here to apply now!