MEDA invites applications for a Director, Financial Services position. MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates) is an association of Christians who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
Director, Financial Services
The Director, FS will provide strategic direction and management to achieve the overall success for MEDA's Financial Services mandate and goals. This portfolio includes rural finance, deposit mobilization, mobile technology and other financial services that serve to lift people out of poverty. The Director will provide direct staff management, oversee projects and consulting assignments, and undertake marketing and business development with new and existing donors, clients, foundations, etc. within approved marketing plan. This is a full time permanent position and will require regular international travel to Central America, MENA, Sub-Saharan Africa, Central Asia, and other locations is required. This position may be based in either Waterloo, Ontario or Washington DC.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing business solutions with a focus on financial products and services.
- Proven track record of at least ten (10) years professional management experience (ideally 5 years overseas) in project development and implementation, staff management, program planning and budgeting, and delivering consulting services.
- University degree, ideally a Masters, in one or combination of Economics, Finance, Business Administration, International Economic Development or related field.
- Strong experience working with bi- and multi- lateral government agencies, donors, non-governmental organizations and other development agencies.
- Excellent skills in staff management, leadership, building relationships, networking and presentation, negotiation and interpersonal communication.
- Willingness to undertake extensive international travel.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA's faith, values and goals.